Date Added: 8 January 2020
: 27 January 2020
Job Title: Communications and Events Officer
Working For: Bright Blue
Salary: Salary is according to experience
Bright Blue is an independent think tank for liberal conservatism. We seek to champion liberal, open, democratic and meritocratic values and policies.
We are looking for a Communications and Events Officer to join this ambitious and expanding organisation.
You will play a critical role in ensuring our think tank is well promoted in traditional and social media, and delivering an effective events and conferences programme.
The successful candidate will help build Bright Blue’s profile, edit and promote our work, and deliver high-quality and high-profile events.
● Helping to manage our press office
● Generating and securing opportunities for the Bright Blue research team to be regularly represented in newspapers and magazines, or on TV and radio
● Building a network of influential opinion formers and decision makers to contribute to and promote our work
● Helping to frame and promote Bright Blue’s arguments and policies for our reports, articles and public appearances
● Representing Bright Blue in the media and at events
● Producing and managing all of Bright Blue’s social media activity
● Commissioning and editing content for our quarterly magazine and blog, Centre Write
● Producing our podcasts and videos
● Helping to organise a programme of events and conferences, including briefing and managing high-profile speakers
● Devising and implementing new event and conference ideas
● Maintaining good relationships with events partners
● Engaging with key stakeholders such as civil servants, special advisers, academics, journalists and politicians
● Supervising and attending a variety of Bright Blue events, including roundtable discussions and keynote speeches with high-profile decision-makers and opinion formers
● Supporting Bright Blue’s fundraising efforts
● A proven interest in politics and public policy.
● A belief in Bright Blue’s core values.
● A good educational background.
● Experience creating and managing events.
● Experience producing content for traditional and social media.
● Knowledge of WordPress and photo editing software is desirable.
● Excellent writing ability and attention to detail.
● Strong work ethic, a desire to learn, and the ability to work independently and in teams.
● An entrepreneurial mindset, with a desire to create new work and opportunities for Bright Blue.
Closing Date: 27 January 2020
The closing time for applications is 9am.
Please submit your CV and covering letter as a .pdf to Weronika Patyk, Events and Operations Manager, at email@example.com