Date Added: 8 January 2020
: 28 January 2020
Job Title: Caseworkers
Working For: Siobhan Baillie MP (Stroud)
Salary: Within IPSA guidelines; full-time and part-time positions available
Siobhan Baillie MP is seeking to hire a number of caseworkers, including one senior caseworker/office manager, for her constituency office.
Successful candidates will deal directly with constituents within an office setting and also handle written and telephone enquiries on behalf of the MP. The role will also require you to liaise with local and government organisations.
Successful candidates will have excellent written communication skills, an ability to work as part of a team, strong organisational ability and familiarity with standard office software.
Key responsibilities include:
• Dealing with queries from members of the public.
• Drafting responses to constituents.
• Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
• Logging cases; monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken.
• Analysing patterns of enquiries and producing reports.
• Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act and the office’s General Data Protection Regulation practices.
The senior caseworker will also be expected to:
• Provide briefings for Siobhan.
• Liaise with government agencies, the voluntary sector and others.
• Supervise other members of staff where appropriate.
• Manage projects.
• Monitor local and national media outlets.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 January 2020
Suitable candidates will be interviewed in Stroud as soon as practicable. The interview will include a written proficiency assessment.
Suitable candidates may be appointed before the closing date.
Please send a CV and brief covering letter to Siobhan.Baillie.MP@Parliament.uk with ‘Caseworker’ in the title.
If you have already sent Siobhan an unsolicited CV to the above email address, this will be considered - there is no need to apply again. All applications will be acknowledged.