Date Added: 8 January 2020
: 31 January 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Intern
Working For: Virginia Crosbie MP (Ynys Môn)
Salary: £10.75 per hour (London Living Wage)
Virginia Crosbie, newly-elected Member of Parliament for Ynys Môn, is seeking a part-time Parliamentary intern in Westminster to support her Parliamentary duties.
Reporting to the Head of Office, responsibilities will include - but are not limited to:
• Media monitoring
• Policy research on complex issues
• Writing speeches and preparing speaking notes at short notice
• Communications – drafting and coming up with ideas for blogs, press releases, tweets, Facebook posts and op-ed articles
• Video editing and digital campaigning
• Organising events
• Admin tasks e.g. arranging meetings and diary management
• Talking calls from constituents and assisting the Caseworker in drafting letters to constituents
Research on local, regional or national issues
The ideal candidate will have:
• A keen eye for detail
• Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
• Enthusiastic and willing to learn about the constituency and Parliament
This is a part-time role for 15 hours per week and meets London living wage. Working days and times are flexible around other duties or studies. Occasional evening work may be required in support of the Member’s duties.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 January 2020
Please apply with your CV to Stuart Graham, Head of Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies please.