Date Added: 9 January 2020
: 17 January 2020
Job Title: Advocacy & Campaigns Assistant +REMOVED+
Working For: Authors' Licensing and Collecting Society
• To assist the Lobbying Team in their role of protecting and promoting authors’ rights primarily at the international level via the International Authors Forum (IAF) but also at EU and UK level as required.
• The focus of the role will be on communication with IAF members, recruiting new IAF members and representing authors in various forums including the World Intellectual Property Organisation in Geneva, although the role is based in London.
Admin and representation
• Organise and attend relevant meetings for the IAF either in person or via skype etc; write up meeting notes and follow up on any action points
• Ad hoc general research as required
• Assist in develop briefing papers/campaigns as required, liaising with IAF Members.
• Act as administrator for IAF Steering Committee meetings and the IAF AGM; write up meeting notes and follow-up on action points
• Attend appropriate WIPO meetings in Geneva and be prepared to speak to either meetings or to side groups on issues of interest to writers
• Liaise with authors and speakers for events for IAF
• Other projects as required
Membership Recruitment and Retention
• Ensure contact is made at least twice a year with all members to remind them of the work the IAF carries out and seek their input on IAF work
• Research potential new members
• Target new members by both written communications and telephone calling where possible
• Work with the Senior Policy & Public Affairs Adviser and ALCS Communications team on producing a newsletter and frequent communications for IAF members and other interested partners
• Contribute to the management of IAF’s social media profile
• Confident self-starter; must be able to work on own initiative
• Some membership organizational experience/sales experience advantageous
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good analytical skills
• Methodical in thinking
• Excellent organisational skills
• Proactive and forward thinking, looking for opportunities to raise profile of the organisation/issue
• High level of Word and Excel plus previous experience of database work would be desirable
• Degree level
Closing Date: 17 January 2020
Interviews will be arranged as soon as possible and as such applications are welcome and encouraged before the closing date.
Subject to availability we are looking for a candidate able to start in one month.
In order to apply for this job please email your CV to email@example.com with the heading "W4MP: Advocacy and Campaigns Assistant".
17/01/2020- REMOVED- This role has been removed at the request of the original advertiser as they have now received enough applicants.