Date Added: 9 January 2020
: 27 January 2020
Job Title: Office Assistant
Working For: Demos
Salary: London Living Wage (£10.75/h)
Demos is recruiting for an Office Assistant. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, enthusiastic person to take a pivotal supporting role in the operations of a high profile charity working to have an impact and improve lives in the UK through public policy.
It will suit a candidate:
- Passionate about Demos’ mission to bring people together across party and social divides to find solutions to the problems of our age.
- Confident supporting colleagues across the organisation, including Demos’ senior management team.
- Keen to gain experience in a fast-paced, dynamic office environment.
About the role
The successful candidate will be embedded in our External Affairs team, providing key administrative support, as well as assisting the Chief Executive and senior management team to ensure the smooth running of the charity’s office.
- Working with the External Affairs team to support the delivery of our events and engagement strategy
- Supporting the Senior Management Team to keep Demos a high-functioning, efficient and happy place to work
- Providing diary and administrative support to the Chief Executive
- Supporting the charity’s recruitment, training and retention of outstanding members of staff
- Supporting the oversight of the charity’s facilities requirements and office space
- Providing additional support to research and projects when needed
- Providing administrative support to teams within Demos.
- Can-do attitude, determination to learn
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage competing priorities
- Confidence and discretion dealing with high profile networks
- Communications or events experience
- Experience of office management
- Experience in a charity or think tank environment
You can find more information about the role here: https://demos.co.uk/office-assistant/
Closing Date: 27 January 2020
Please send a cv and a covering letter of no more than 2 pages to Bibi Nubir at firstname.lastname@example.org. These documents should be attached to the email, formatted as pdfs, with filenames as set out below:
Candidate Name – Office Assistant – CV
Candidate Name – Office Assistant – Covering Letter
In your covering letter, please set out what your ambitions would be for Demos, if appointed, as well as your qualifications for this post.