Date Added: 9 January 2020
: 24 January 2020
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Rebecca Pow MP (Taunton Deane)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Candidates should be educated to degree level with a keen interest in politics. Responsibilities include working closely with Rebecca Pow MP on tasks such as:
• Draft responses or respond to constituents on any issues raised, on behalf of the Member
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework
• Ensure cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner
• Undertake research, usually from readily available sources
• Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts
The successful candidate should have:
• Confidence and communication skills to express ideas
• Good organisational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines
• Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to work independently
• A discreet approach
• Competent use of IT including Microsoft Office package, email and internet to support the above
• Ability to integrate successfully with others in the team
• Experience in social media and website management
• Sympathy to the aims and views of the Conservative party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 January 2020
Those chosen for interview will be interviewed during the week commencing 20th January, and the successful candidate will be asked to start as soon as possible. References will be required. Please note that the job may be filled prior to the closing date if a suitable applicant is found.
Applicants should e-mail a copy of their CV (no more than two pages) and a covering letter (maximum one-page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include 'Senior Caseworker Application' in the subject box of the email.