Date Added: 9 January 2020
: 24 January 2020
Job Title: Caseworker (x2)
Working For: Rob Butler MP (Aylesbury)
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay Scales
Rob Butler, Conservative Member of Parliament for Aylesbury, is looking to appoint two Caseworkers to work from his office in Aylesbury.
Successful candidates will have excellent written and oral communication and must be able to evidence strong organisation skills and initiative. This is a public-facing role and candidates must be able to exercise discretion and empathy in order to assist constituents with a wide range of different needs.
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
- Gathering relevant information to resolve or progress cases.
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Liaise with government agencies, the voluntary sector, and others to resolve constituency matters.
- Take initial action on queries from members of the public, including responding on behalf of the MP as appropriate.
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Research local, regional or national issues to support Member's work.
- Provide briefings for the MP.
- General office administrative tasks.
- Any other duties which may reasonably be required.
- Clear and concise writing style and strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage a high and varied workload under pressure.
- Demonstrable initiative.
- Ability to work independently
- Confident to speak with key senior local stakeholders
- A background in customer service is desirable but not essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Casework Management Systems.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 January 2020
Interviews will commence shortly after the 24th January, the start date is subject to completion of MSVO checks.
A one page CV and cover letter should be sent to email@example.com