Date Added: 9 January 2020
: 30 January 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Researcher (Full/Part-Time)
Working For: Stephen Metcalfe MP (South Basildon and East Thurrock)
Salary: In accordance with IPSA guidelines
Stephen Metcalfe, Member of Parliament for South Basildon & East Thurrock, is looking for full or part-time Parliamentary Researcher focused on policy communications to join his Westminster team.
The role is focused on, but not limited to:
• Producing written responses to constituent policy questions
• Producing appropriate social media content across all platforms
• Monitoring media coverage, liaising with local media and preparing press releases
• Managing website content
• Engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
• Preparing briefing notes ahead of meetings and media appearances, when required
• Researching local, regional or national issues to support Stephen’s parliamentary work and to supplement policy responses
• Responding to routine correspondence and enquires from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
• Undertaking other ad hoc projects and general administrative duties as necessary
• Handling sensitive personal data responsibly
Essential candidate qualities:
• Politeness, respect and trustworthiness
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Competency with social media platforms
• Strong research skills
• Self-motivation and confidence in dealing with senior figures
• Highly organised, able to prioritise and manage a busy workload
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Desirable additional candidate qualities:
• Previous parliamentary experience
• Bluetree website competency
• Speech writing
• Public speaking (such as conducting tours of Parliament)
Part-time and/or flexible working can be considered.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 January 2020
Interviews as soon as possible. A candidate may be employed before the closing date so early application is encouraged.
Applications should send a CV and Cover Letter as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Attn: Mark Coxshall, Office of Stephen Metcalfe MP, House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA.