Date Added: 10 January 2020
: 7 February 2020
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: The Institute of Race Relations
The Institute of Race Relations (IRR) is an anti-racist think tank and educational charity at the cutting edge of the research and analysis that inform the struggle for racial justice in Britain, Europe and internationally.
We are looking for someone to fill a new role of Communications Officer. This is a fulltime post based at the IRR’s London office based at Kings Cross. If you want to help the IRR bring its important message into the 21st century, please think about applying. We are in need of someone to coordinate and integrate our various work-strands into an overall strong message, via podcasts, video and new social media platforms. You will be joining a small but dedicated team of researcher-writers (with volunteers and input from our council of management) conveying information and analyses about racism and challenging ways of tackling it.
The worker will be primarily involved in the following tasks alongside other members of
- Assisting on writing, collating and formatting material for the fortnightly online news service IRR News;
- Developing IRR News and Race & Class twitter profiles and implementing social media campaigns so as to reach solidarity and social movements;
- Developing IRR’s presence on other social media platforms e.g. Instagram and creating multi-media content such as podcasts, videos and graphics;
- Assisting in the promotion and organising of IRR seminars and meetings;
- Promoting specific reports and publications in the mainstream media;
- Liaising with IRR’s designer to develop the ‘IRR brand’
Please take some time to look at the website and learn about us and our history, the type of research and publishing we do and hence the way in which we try to contribute to racial justice internationally. The IRR is not a conventional NGO in terms of what it produces and whom it serves or in its internal working environment. Ours is often a critical voice, we try to meet unmet needs and pioneer new thinking; we work in an informal atmosphere while always maintaining the highest of professional standards.
Job description: http://s3-eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/wpmedia.outlandish.com/irr/2020/01/07112936/Communications-Officer-JD.pdf
Closing Date: 7 February 2020
- Deadline for applications: 5pm on the closing date.
- Start date as soon as possible
- Interviews are likely to be held in the week starting Monday 17 February 2020.