Date Added: 10 January 2020
: 20 January 2020
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Chris Green MP (Bolton West)
Location: Westhoughton, Bolton
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Chris Green MP is seeking a full time Communications Officer to be based in his busy constituency office in Westhoughton, Bolton. The candidate is desired to have previous experience in social media, as well as an understanding of both local and national government. They should be a competent multi-tasker, well organised with an excellent attention to detail. They also need to be able to work independently as well as being part of a small team and be experienced in the use of IT and all Microsoft packages. Strong written and oral communication skills are essential as well as an excellent telephone manner. The candidate should be confident in dealing with a wide variety of members of the public, from vulnerable constituents to Government Ministers.
Responsibilities will include –
- Publicising aspects of the MP’s duties, both in Parliament and in the constituency
- Writing press releases and creating interesting and varied content for use on the MP’s website and social media
- Monitoring casework trends and identifying any relevant local campaigns
- Organising a variety of public events
- Building and maintaining good relationships with local, regional and national journalists
- Attending meetings as appropriate alongside the MP and dealing with constituents’ queries
- Preparing briefings for media appearances
- Dealing with constituency casework
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 January 2020
Interview Date: To be confirmed with the candidate.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any further questions about this role, please call 01942 409 132.