Date Added: 10 January 2020
: 24 January 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant/Senior Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Nigel Huddleston MP (Mid Worcestershire)
Salary: in line with IPSA payscales
Nigel Huddleston MP is seeking a Parliamentary Assistant or Senior Parliamentary Assistant to oversee constituent casework and parts of the activities of his office.
The role will also include triaging incoming emails and post and overseeing communications and social media.
Specific tasks include the following, although this is not a comprehensive list:-
- Draft responses to constituents on any casework issues raised
- Triage incoming correspondence and delegate to team where appropriate
- Oversee social media and communications
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate
- Undertake research where required
- Special projects where required
The Parliamentary Assistant/Senior Parliamentary Assistant will work as part of a team with London and constituency based staff. They should possess the following skills:-
- Professional and sympathetic manner when dealing with constituents on the phone and in writing with excellent writing skills
- Good organisational skills with particular attention to detail and record keeping
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Competent use of IT and ability and willingness to learn new programmes
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 January 2020
Interviews will take place starting the week commencing Monday 20th January. We reserve the right to make an appointment before the closing date for applications.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Lucy Lermer, Office Manager to Nigel Huddleston MP at email@example.com
Should you have any queries about the position, please call Lucy Lermer on 020 7219 5814