Date Added: 10 January 2020
: 17 January 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Ben Everitt MP (Milton Keynes North)
Salary: Within IPSA salary guidelines
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responding to constituents
• Briefing Mr Everitt on national and local policy questions, including Early Day Motions, debates, Bills etc
• Assisting with speech & question drafting, including the relevant research and writing briefings
• Providing information and support for Mr Everitt with issues relevant to his aims as Milton Keynes North MP
• Helping with the day to day running of the office in Parliament and administrative duties, including diary management and the Parliamentary office
• Liaising with the constituency office on local campaigns and projects
• Oversea constituents visits to Parliament
Candidates should have the following skills:
• Experience working in Parliament, preferably having worked for a backbencher MP previously
• Outstanding communications, written and verbal skills
• Ability to work as a team and independently
• Keen interest in politics and current affairs
• Highly organised and a multi-tasker
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 January 2020
Interviews will be held on the week commencing 20th January.
To start as soon as possible.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All queries should be directed to the same email address.