Date Added: 10 January 2020
: 30 January 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Richard Holden MP (North West Durham)
Salary: IPSA Pay Scale
Richard Holden MP is looking to appoint a full-time Caseworker to assist his team in the day-to-day running of his Constituency Office.
Based in a central location in Consett, the constituency office will see a large volume of enquiries. The right candidate will be committed to assisting the MP in helping constituents and will be committed to providing an excellent and helpful service to constituents.
The right candidate will have excellent written English skills, a focus on customer service and be a team player. Experience of casework (e.g. Citizens Advice Bureau or similar) or working in an MP's office is desired but not essential. Additional training will be provided.
Opportunities for progression will also be available to the right individual.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Dealing with all types of correspondence
• Researching, writing and proofreading casework documentation
• Managing correspondence on local issues
• Handling online, telephone and walk-in enquiries
• General office administration and support
• Maintaining strict confidentiality and work in accordance with data protection laws
• Accompanying the MP on some constituency visits and surgeries
• Working with volunteers
The following skills are essential:
• Excellent communication skills
• A friendly telephone manner
• Strong written skills and attention to detail
• Good knowledge of word processing, outlook and the internet
• A team player
The following skills are desired:
• A full UK driving licence
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 January 2020
Interviews from 17th January 2020. An appointment may be made before the closing date.
Please apply via CV and Covering Letter to: RICHARD.HOLDEN.MP@PARLIAMENT.UK with CASEWORKER APPLICATION in the subject line