Date Added: 10 January 2020
: 20 January 2020
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker
Working For: Clive Betts MP (Sheffield South East)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Clive Betts MP is seeking a part time Caseworker /Constituency Assistant (22.5 hours per week) to work in the Sheffield office based in Sheffield city centre.
Applicants should have an interest in local & national politics, be sympathetic with the values of the Labour party.
There will be a requirement to attend induction & occasional training days in London or other locations. Travel for training will be paid.
• Receive and respond to contacts from constituents and others by telephone, correspondence and in person, giving advice and assistance on a broad range of issues , liaising with Government departments, the NHS, councillors and council officers and other organisations.
• Manage own caseload including entering all relevant data on data base and following up outstanding issues, with supervision from the senior staff member.
• Ensure office records are kept and respecting confidentiality at all times.
Provide general secretarial & administrative support including help with diary and social media and liaising with local elected councillors.
• Excellent oral & written communication skills
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook & the Internet
• The ability to prioritise tasks, meet tight deadlines, work independently & with minimum supervision as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a small team
• An ability to help constituents in a positive and empathetic manner recognising the stress and pressure many are under
There may be an need to attend appropriate training sessions or other events away from Sheffield for which expenses will be paid.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 January 2020
Interviews will take place as soon as possible, and an appointment might be made before the closing date, should a suitable candidate be found. The ideal applicant will be available immediately.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Constituency Caseworker/Constituency Assistant. The email should include your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role in particular addressing points set out above.