Date Added: 12 January 2020
: 22 January 2020
Job Title: Multiple Part-Time Roles
Working For: Mick Whitley (Birkenhead)
Salary: Job 1: £20,420 – £32,353 (pro rata) // Job 2: £17,550 – £25,287 (pro rata)
Job 1 - Research Officer
• Undertake research, usually from readily available sources, on straightforward subjects.
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues.
• Monitor media coverage and brief the MP on relevant issues.
• Give advice on policy issues.
• Supervise Staff members where appropriate.
• Project Management.
Job 2 - Administrative Officer
• Opening and dispatching mail.
• Diary management.
• Assisting with arrangements for events (non-political).
• Responding to enquiries by telephone and email, passing on queries to other team members/MP as appropriate.
• Providing administrative support in relation to MP's expenses scheme.
• Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries.
• Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence.
• Liaise with external suppliers when required regarding office supplies.
• Experience of dealing with the public.
• Good written & interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritise a workload, work independently and as part of a team.
• Commitment to Labour values.
• Knowledge of local & national politics.
• Good IT skills.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 January 2020
We aim to shortlist on Thursday 23rd January and interviews will take place in Birkenhead before the end of January.
Please send a cover letter and CV by email to email@example.com. Please state which role you are applying for and when you are able to start work if appointed. Please write in the email subject line one of the following:
- "Research Officer"
- "Administrative Officer"