Date Added: 12 January 2020
: 31 January 2020
Job Title: Press and Communications Officer
Working For: British Chambers of Commerce
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (dependent on skills and experience)
British Chambers of Commerce is recruiting a Press and Communications Officer.
The successful candidate will play a key role in shaping a national voice for our business communities across broadcast, print and digital media.
Working to multiple and tight deadlines, day-to-day duties include drafting reactive media comments; writing press releases; liaising with and pitching stories to national and trade journalists; coordinating with Chambers on case studies and messaging; and creating plans to support our proactive campaigns.
The candidate will also drive the BCC’s digital offering, including social media, video editing and maintaining the company’s website, as well as compiling media statistics and analysis.
Responsibilities will include:
- leading on proactive press releases and drafting reactive media comment relating to key government announcements, economic statistics and BCC research;
- developing proactive media plans as part of the broader communications strategy and campaign work;
- promoting BCC policy positions and proactive outputs to media and key external stakeholders;
- organising broadcast opportunities and prepare briefs to support BCC spokespeople;
- developing digital content for external and internal purposes, aligned to our presswork, including filming videos, creating engaging social media content and updating the website;
- keeping on top of the news agenda and maintaining relationships with media contacts, to monitor upcoming announcements and areas for comment; and
- working with colleagues at all levels internally across the Chamber Network to support them in media efforts, provide toolkits around proactive BCC messaging, share best practice, and field case study requests
See our website for a full job description and person specification: https://www.britishchambers.org.uk/type/vacancies/press-officer-british-chambers-of-commerce
Closing Date: 31 January 2020
Applications close at 11:59pm. We will contact those we would like to interview within two weeks of the closing date. We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date.
All applications must include a CV and cover letter of no more than two sides setting out how your skills and experience meet the criteria in the job description.
Please submit applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications we expect to receive we will only be contacting applicants we would like to interview.