Date Added: 14 January 2020
: 24 January 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Simon Jupp MP (East Devon)
Location: Exmouth, East Devon
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Simon Jupp MP is looking to recruit a part-time caseworker to work in his constituency office which will be located in Exmouth, East Devon.
The right candidate will be committed to assisting the MP in helping constituents and providing an excellent service for 24 hours a week.
The successful candidate will have excellent written English skills, a focus on customer service and be a team player. Experience of casework or working in an MP's office is desired but not essential. Additional training will be provided.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Dealing with all types of correspondence
- Researching, writing and proofreading casework documentation
- Managing correspondence on local issues
- Handling online, telephone and walk-in enquiries
- General office administration and support
- Maintaining strict confidentiality and work in accordance with data protection laws
- Accompanying the MP on some constituency visits and surgeries
- Working with volunteers
The following skills are essential:
- Excellent communication skills
- A friendly telephone manner
- Strong written skills and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of word processing, outlook & the internet
- A team player
The following skills are desired:
- Good knowledge of East Devon
- A full UK driving licence
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 January 2020
Interviews will take place in East Devon either before or shortly after the closing date. We would like the successful candidate to be able to start as soon as possible.
Please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you are right for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org