Date Added: 14 January 2020
: 27 January 2020
Job Title: Communications and Outreach Intern
Working For: University College London, European Institute
Salary: £11.12 per hour
The European Institute is seeking to appoint a part-time Communications and Outreach Intern who will be responsible for administering our social media accounts, websites and blogs. The intern will also help with event organisation, building partnerships with student societies and bodies, and the developing of our broader communications and outreach strategy. This role includes an opportuntity to produce original, creative content for our online channels.
Hours: 8-15 hours per week, depending on specific needs, projects and events. This is an As and When contract with flexible working patterns. Much of the work can be done remotely, with occasional meetings at UCL in London.
The postholder would start in February 2020 and work until August 2020. There is possibility for the renewal of contract at the end of this period.
- Strong undergraduate degree in relevant area, postgraduate experience preferred.
- Experience in administering organisational social media accounts and blogs.
- Writing and/or copyediting experience.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, European affairs.
- Attentive to detail, organised, proactive, and motivated.
- Able to work flexibly and independently.
- Fluent in at least one European language other than English.
- Deep knowledge of Instagram and Facebook.
- Photography, videography and editing skills.
- Design, branding and relevant creative skills.
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships.
- Knowledge of UCL departments and student organisations.
Core Intern duties
- Social media monitoring and regular posting on EI social media accounts.
- Updating EI websites.
- Drafting EI newsletters (Mailchimp).
- Develop and maintain partnerships with students, student socieities and other bodies.
- Assist with event promotion, organisation and logistics.
- Enhance reach and impact of EI podcasts, videos and publications.
- Build EI Instagram account from scratch
- Increase number of followers and engagement across online platforms.
Closing Date: 27 January 2020
Interviews in week commencing 3rd February. Start date in mid-February.
To apply: please send a CV and a short covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23.59 on the closing date. We will be interviewing applicants on a rolling basis and early applications are welcome.