Date Added: 14 January 2020
: 24 January 2020
Job Title: Office Manager/Snr Case Worker and Snr Case Worker
Working For: Robin Millar MP (Aberconwy)
Salary: Within current IPSA pay scales
Robin Millar MP (Aberconwy, North Wales) is looking for TWO members of staff to support and manage his constituency work. Both roles will be based in Aberconwy and work closely with Robin and Westminster staff on a daily basis.
Outline responsibilities for the two roles are set out below.
Role: Office Manager/Senior Case Worker - combined role
- Manage the Office team, personnel records and relevant lialison with IPSA
- Ownership of diary management
- Responsible for all aspects of the budget, keeping the MP informed at all times
- Ensure the office, its equipment and support for MP in place required
- Lead on projects as required
- Manage secretarial support to groups as required
- Additional Senior Case Worker responsibilities as set out below
Role: Senior Case Worker
- Attend meetings
- Ensure cases are managed, monitored and records kept securely and confidentially
- Follow up on social media and other queries
- Liaison with agencies and organisations as required
- Research issues to support the work of the MP
- Respond to corespondence and take initial action on queries as appropriate
The roles are 2 year fixed contracts with a 6 month probation period. If successful over the time period a permanent contract will then be offered.
The successful applicants will be enthusiastic individuals. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. A working knowledge of the Welsh language, familiarity with Welsh affairs, parliament/devolved arrangements and the constituency are all advantageous.
As a minimum, applicants are expected to be fully conversant with the requirements of working in an electronic office; have an eye for detail; can demonstrate a commitment to helping constituents; be organised and punctual and have a sympathy with the values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 January 2020
Interviews will be in person/via Skype and involve two short, simple and relevant exercises.
Successful applicants will start no later than 1st February 2020 (when transitional support ends).
Please note that roles may be filled prior to the closing date if suitable applicants are found.
Please submit a CV, cover letter/email stating which role you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit any questions to the same address. More detailed role descriptions will be provided with an invitation to interview.
Unsolicited applications already submitted have been held, will be considered and need not be resubmitted.
All applicants will receive an acknowledgement/response.