Date Added: 14 January 2020
: 20 January 2020
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: John Griffiths AM (Newport East)
Location: Cardiff Bay & Newport, South Wales
Salary: £21,287 - £31,206 pro rata
To undertake research/press and media related work as required for the Assembly Member ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working effectively within the written press, broadcast or online industry, or public relations sector
- Knowledge and understanding of media handling techniques including designing a communications plan
- Understanding of the need to reflect the views of the AM in a manner which reflects equal opportunity and is not inflammatory, insensitive, libelous, slanderous or defamatory
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- Formal Qualification eg NVQ level 3 or 4 or equivalent in media or communications.
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- Understanding of the media law
- Evidence of working as part of a team and where appropriate managing staff
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across professional boundaries with members of the press and media
- Ability to generate ideas for news items which reflect the work of the AM
Closing Date: 20 January 2020
Interview date: 31 January 2020
To apply ownload an application form from the link above.