Date Added: 15 January 2020
: 27 January 2020
Job Title: Constituency Office Manager
Working For: Dan Jarvis MP (Barnsley Central)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Dan Jarvis, the MP for Barnsley Central, is seeking to recruit an experienced manager to lead his busy constituency office. The Office Manager will work with the other members of the team, both in Barnsley and Westminster, to provide an excellent service to Dan’s constituents and to support Dan’s Parliamentary work. Excellent organisation and communication skills, experience of managing staff and resources and a commitment to outstanding service are essential. A driving licence is desirable and this position may involve some evening and weekend work. A commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party is desirable.
1. Providing excellent secretarial and administrative support to Dan, including the management of a complex diary in conjunction with the Senior Parliamentary Assistant in Westminster and the Sheffield City Region Mayoral office.
2. Responsibility for managing all aspects of the budget, keeping Dan informed of all relevant financial matters.
3. Ensuring Dan’s office adheres to the General Data Protection Regulation principles and respects the confidentiality of data at all times.
4. Ensuring compliance with IPSA regulations.
5. Management of the Constituency Office staff ensuring accurate personnel records are kept and notifying IPSA of all contractual changes as appropriate.
6. Management of resources across both the Constituency and Westminster office.
7. Liaising with key local and regional stakeholders.
8. Dealing with complex correspondence and enquiries on Dan’s behalf.
9. Providing detailed briefs for Dan on key local issues, as required.
10. Accompany Dan and/or representing Dan at constituency events.
11. Identifying opportunities for local campaigns.
12. Assisting with local media management, website and social media management
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 January 2020
Interviews will take place on Friday 31 January. The successful candidate will be encouraged to join the team as soon as possible after this date.
Please send a CV (maximum 2 pages); and covering letter (maximum 2 pages) that details how your skills and experience make you suitable for this role, with particular reference to the responsibilities above.
Please email to: email@example.com