Date Added: 15 January 2020
: 27 January 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Caroline Ansell (Eastbourne)
Location: Eastbourne, East Sussex
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay Scales and dependent on experience
Caroline Ansell MP is looking to recruit a full-time caseworker to join her lively constituency office in sunny Eastbourne, East Sussex.
The successful candidate will be committed to helping the MP in assisting, supporting and offering advice to her constituents on a range of issues. An empathetic, warm and efficient nature are a must.
They will have excellent communication skills, a focus on public service and be a real team player. Experience of casework or working in an MP's office is essential. Previous work engaging with local and national governments, most especially the DWP and Home Office, is also essential. Opportunities to develop skills and the role will be encouraged and supported.
The successful candidate will quickly establish themselves as an integral part of friendly and professional team as supporting local residents in casework is a key part of Caroline’s work.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Dealing with all types of correspondence
- Researching, writing and proofreading casework documentation
- Managing correspondence on local issues
- Handling online, telephone and walk-in enquiries
- General office administration and support
- Maintaining strict confidentiality and work in accordance with data protection laws
- Accompanying the MP on some constituency visits and surgeries
- Working with volunteers
The following skills are essential:
- Excellent communication skills
- A friendly telephone manner
- Strong written skills and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of word processing, outlook & the internet
- A team player
-An excellent sense of humour - or at least a willingness to put up with the office manager’s!
We wish you the very best of luck and look forward to reading your application.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 January 2020
Interviews may be conducted before the closing date. Start date is as soon as possible.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com