Date Added: 15 January 2020
: 27 January 2020
Job Title: Part Time Caseworker/Constituency Assistant
Working For: Douglas Chapman MP (Dunfermline and West Fife)
Salary: £20,000 p.a. full time (37.5 hours a week), £8,000 p.a. part time (15 hours a week)
Douglas Chapman MP, Member of Parliament for the constituency of Dunfermline & West Fife is looking to recruit a hard working and enthusiastic part time caseworker/constituency Assistant to join his constituency office team.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide effective support with constituency casework
• Manage enquiries on the phone, via e-mail, social media, mail and in person.
• Liaise with government agencies, local authorities, community groups and other organisations.
• Draft responses to constituents
• Research & gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Log all cases in database ensuring compliance with GDPR regs and ensure responses are received and cases chased accordingly.
• Maintain a good knowledge of Dunfermline & West Fife Constituency
• Arrange and attend surgeries / meetings / events as required
• Analyse, evaluate & interpret data to ensure Member is accurately informed on local & key issues
• Assist with constituency appointments and various other constituency office duties
• Excellent interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills
• Able to analyse, evaluate and interpret information accurately.
• Excellent administrative & organisational skills
• Competent use of email and computer technology.
• Demonstrable ability to produce accurate output in a busy working environment & prioritise accordingly
• Excellent use of Microsoft Word
• Knowledge of Dunfermline & West Fife constituency
• Knowledge of important local issues
• Competent use of excel spreadsheets, databases and power point presentations
• Ability to adapt quickly to new software
• Knowledge of Scottish & Westminster Parliaments, devolved & reserved matters
Hours of work: part time – 15 hours per week. A full-time working week is 37.5 hours. Travel may also be occasionally required for attendance at meetings, events and training.
The successful candidate will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 January 2020
The deadline for applications is Monday 27th January. Successful applicants will be invited for an interview which will take place in Rosyth shortly thereafter.
To apply, applicants should submit their CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.