Date Added: 15 January 2020
: 14 February 2020
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Nusrat Ghani MP (Wealden)
Salary: in line with IPSA pay scales
Nusrat Ghani, Member of Parliament for Wealden, is looking to appoint a hard-working, enthusiastic and experienced part-time (with a view to full-time) Communications Officer to work in her constituency office.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
• Draft press releases and columns
• Establish a social media presence in the constituency and publicise surgeries etc.
• Preparing media briefings
• Pro-active and re-active communications with all media
• Publicise the Member’s parliamentary duties on Facebook and Twitter
• Follow up on social media queries and comments
• Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
• Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
• Draft responses to constituents
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
Candidates should have the following skills, experience and qualities:
• Quick, sharp and accurate writing skills for traditional press and social media
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• An ability to deal with constituents’ enquiries in a personable manner and to work well within a small team of colleagues
• Strong communication skills and experience of providing high quality briefings and press releases/articles
• Able to manage and prioritise own workload and use their own initiative
• Previous Parliamentary or relevant experience is essential
• Ability to manage projects
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 February 2020
Interviews will take place as soon as possible.
An appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Please apply via email sending a CV and a one-page covering letter setting out your suitability for the role to email@example.com