Date Added: 18 January 2020
: 14 February 2020
Job Title: Events Officer/Manager
Working For: Centre for Policy Studies
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience
The Centre for Policy Studies, the leading centre-right think tank, is looking for an enthusiastic individual to help deliver a programme of exciting public-facing events in Westminster and beyond. We are looking for a highly organised individual who can use their initiative, and who excels when working in a small team.
Responsibilities will include:
• Planning and organising a programme of events that compliments the work of the CPS and boosts the profile of the think tank and its sister website CapX
• Managing every aspect of each public event in the CPS/CapX calendar from conception to delivery including: venue booking, speaker liaison, attendee outreach and guestlist management
• Working as part of a wider team to help deliver the CPS’ major annual Margaret Thatcher Conference and Party Conference programmes
• Liaising with the CPS team to ensure each event is in keeping the aims and priorities of the organisation as a whole
• Liaising with external stakeholders to ensure every aspect of each event is delivered to standard
• Carrying out other duties as and when required in order to contribute to the efficient running of the CPS
Required experience and skills:
• Highly organised
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong relationship management
• Ability to prioritise own workload and work to deadlines
• Able to confidently lead a small team when managing events
• Good written and oral communication skills
• An interest in and knowledge of UK politics and current affairs
• Sympathetic to the values of the Centre for Policy Studies
Desirable experience and skills:
• Previous experience in events management
• Experience using Mailchimp
This role will be defined by the right candidate. We are interested in applications from enthusiastic recent graduates with a passion for politics and events, as well as experienced political events managers. The successful candidate will report to the Head of External Relations.
Closing Date: 14 February 2020
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
Please note we may appoint before the closing date.
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for the role to: email@example.com
We regret that due to the high volume of applications, only applicants invited to interview will be contacted.