Date Added: 18 January 2020
: 17 February 2020
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Marsha de Cordova MP (Battersea)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Marsha de Cordova is looking for a part-time Constituency Assistant to join her hardworking constituency team in Battersea.
The successful candidate will help manage casework, lead on community engagement, campaigns and communications including social media and liaising with local media.
• Attend surgeries and other constituency meetings as appropriate.
• Respond to enquiries from constituents on policy and local matters of interest.
• Draft correspondence on constituency matters.
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
• Log all cases, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
• Research local and national issues to support the Members work.
• Assist with the Members communication channels – including website, video, social media and reports.
• Analyse patterns of enquiries, evaluate and interpret data and produce reports to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and trends.
• Liaise with local groups, councillors, organisations and other stakeholders in the constituency to keep the Member updated on local constituency issues
• Plan and promote activities, events and campaigns in the constituency.
• Produce regular constituency communications
• Monitor media coverage liaise with local media and prepare press releases on constituency matters.
• Retain records and information confidentially in line with the Data Protection Act.
• Experience of organising local events and campaigns
• An awareness of the sensitivities of working within a political environment
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent organisation skills, with good attention to detail.
• Must be able to plan, organise and prioritise workload effectively.
• The ability to work independently as part of a team.
• Excellent ICT skills, including MS Office, CRM systems, online and digital platforms including creating digital content and using MailChimp.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 February 2020
Interviews: week commencing 24th February 2020
- 1 page cover letter explaining why you meet the requirements for the position.
- 2 page CV.
- Two referees (most recent manager, and one other professional who must not be a family member).
The above should be emailed to Syreeta.email@example.com
We will only contact shortlisted candidates.