Date Added: 21 January 2020
: 20 February 2020
Job Title: Programme Director - Policy
Working For: Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change
We’re looking for a Programme Director to lead our Policy Programme.
Overview of the role:
Reports to: IIGCC Chief Executive
Place of work: Central London (some travel to be expected)
Time: 5 days/week – full time contract
Length: 2 year contract initially; open to secondments
Scope of the role:
IIGCC is recruiting a Programme Director for our Policy programme. This is a unique opportunity to work on climate change policy with a specific focus on delivering an IIGCC strategy to support COP26 in November 2020.
This is initially a 2-year position (to potentially be extended depending on funding) to support IIGCC’s membership and programmes with a particular focus on supporting investors in identifying priority policy issues at the EU and global levels (and occasionally at national level), building consensus to develop agreed positions, and undertaking engagement with policymakers to ensure that the investor perspective is effectively communicated and understood.
If this sounds like your perfect next career move, then please read the full job description avaliable on our website here: www.iigcc.org/about-us/vacancies/
- Significant experience of working within a public policy role at a senior level, ideally focused on climate change, sustainability and/or finance issues.
- Experience of leading workstreams and strategies towards successful outcomes, ideally working with virtual or disparate teams.
- Excellent project management, time management and communication skills and ability to write well.
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with partners, consultants and external groups.
- Fluency in all routine IT tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Fluency in English essential and a second European language is desirable.
- Some travel will be necessary
- Competitive salaries
- 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays
- Generous company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
Closing Date: 20 February 2020
We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis and looking to fill this position ASAP. Interviews could take place from end of January onwards and we will work to find a mutually convenient time to hold any interviews.
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please e-mail Rachel Ward, Head of Policy, email@example.com with any questions you may have regarding the role.