Date Added: 21 January 2020
: 29 February 2020
Job Title: Intern, Government & Regulatory Affairs Team
Working For: UK Finance
Salary: £19,565 per annum (pro rata) plus travel expenses & holiday
This is an ideal opportunity for a bright individual with an interest in financial services who is looking to break into the world of public affairs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Responsible for monitoring parliamentary business and keeping the GRA team up to date with the latest political developments.
• Helping support the work of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Financial Markets and Services for which UK Finance acts as secretariat.
• Monitor, and draft summaries of, relevant parliamentary sessions, including select committees and debates in both the Commons and the Lords.
• Support colleagues across the organisation in their work through providing background information, biographies, online research of documents and papers in relation to UK public officials, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders.
• Support the planning of parliamentary events and engagement activity.
• Review publications, copy writing and editing.
• Undertake administrative tasks as needed.
Skills and Competencies
• An interest in UK politics and policy.
• Strong personal time-management and organisation skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Accuracy and close attention to detail.
• Good research capabilities.
• Good writing and verbal-communication skills.
• An ability to operate effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent writing skills.
• A basic knowledge of the major social-media channels: Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
• An interest in the financial-services industry.
• An ability to multitask, handling a number of projects and deadlines concurrently.
• Enthusiastic can-do attitude.
Closing Date: 29 February 2020
Please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org