Date Added: 24 January 2020
: 23 February 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Paul Howell MP (Sedgefield)
Location: Sedgefield (Newton Aycliffe)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Paul Howell MP is looking to appoint a full-time Caseworker to join his team in Sedgefield. This role will be based in Paul’s busy constituency office, alongside a small team of dedicated and friendly staff.
The role will be to assist individuals with issues which they approach Paul for help with. The successful applicant will have excellent verbal and written skills and will work as part of a small team to help Paul represent residents across Sedgefield.
The successful applicant must be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party, but it is not essential that you are politically active. All applicants will be asked to undertake a test upon application to assess your written communication skills. It is essential that applicants have a good local knowledge of the Sedgefield constituency.
Some evening and weekend work will be required. We offer a generous holiday entitlement in line with IPSA guidelines and are happy to accommodate more flexible working hours for the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Dealing with queries from members of the public
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Monitoring progress on existing cases, ensuring all identified actions are taken and using a database to track each case
- Retain records and information confidentially in line with the Data Protection Act
- Draft responses on a range of policy matters and help resolve individual issues
- Helping manage Paul’s constituency diary
The following skills are essential:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- A willingness and commitment to help people in need
- Someone who will flourish in working as part of a small team, and enjoy serving the needs of residents
- Knowledge of word processing, outlook and the internet
The following skills are desired:
- A full UK Driving Licence
- Good digital skills and familiar with use of social media
Additional training will be provided and opportunities for progression will also be available to the right individual.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 February 2020
Following a written assessment, applicants will be shortlisted and a maximum of 2 interviews will be held in Newton Aycliffe. We are looking for the successful applicant to start as soon as possible, so an appointment may be made before the closing date.
Please apply by sending your CV and Covering Letter explaining why you should be considered for the role to email@example.com with Caseworker application in the subject line.
If you would like an informal chat before applying, then please call 02072191599 and ask to speak with Jonathan Vasey.