Date Added: 24 January 2020
: 23 March 2020
Job Title: Policy / Programme Manager Central Government
Working For: TechUK
Charity Number: N/A
Salary: £30,000-£38,000 per annum plus benefits
techUK's Central Government Programme represents the supplier community to the public sector, and aims to lead debate on new technologies, optimise use of existing capabilities and provide a forum for central government departments to engage with industry.
The programme represents the views of our member companies working with a range of government departments and agencies to transform the delivery of public and private services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing techUK’s Central Government Programme, reporting to the Programme Head. The position requires the ability to work on a large range of activities, from high profile projects to everyday administrative tasks. You can expect to engage with senior officials from across the central government departments and arms-length bodies.
The Programme helps members by:
• Developing markets – by providing a platform for pre-procurement engagement and leading the debate on how new tech can transform public service delivery.
• Developing networks – bringing together our members with stakeholders across Whitehall.
• Reducing business costs & risks – by campaigning for smarter procurement mechanisms to reduce the costs and risks associated with supplying to the public sector.
• A self-motivated individual who is comfortable leading several projects;
• A team player who is comfortable and able to work with relevant teams across techUK;
• Strong interpersonal skills and good at building relationships;
• Has a can-do approach and comfortable working in a high pressure, fast paced environment with competing demands;
• A flexible and pro-active approach relating to any other duties that may be required to support the wider techUK programme activities and team.
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Strong knowledge of public policy and public affairs;
• Experience of writing reports, briefing notes, and responding to public sector consultations.
• Has a proven track record and experience of building and managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders;
• A proven track record of managing events ensuring accuracy and attention to detail;
Closing Date: 23 March 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted immediately for interviews.
This is a full-time role, reporting to the Head of Central Government Programmes, based at techUK’s London offices.
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to Lorraine.Dias@techuk.org
More information: https://www.techuk.org/about/jobs-at-techuk/item/16561-programme-manager-central-government