UKHospitality is the voice of the UK’s third largest private sector employer; representing 10% of the UK’s jobs, employing 3.2m people, generating £130bn in turnover and contributing £39bn in tax receipts each year.
Our c.700 members range from FTSE 100s to single-site venues operators, with c.70,000 venues: coffee shops, hotels, serviced apartments, pubs, restaurants, leisure parks, nightclubs, contract caterers and visitor attractions.
UKH works with government, media and the public, promoting the industry’s potential as an engine for economic growth and representing the industry’s needs. Key policy areas include: food safety, nutrition, taxes, employment, skills, sustainability, diversity, digital economy, copyright, immigration, working conditions, modern slavery, licensing and planning.
Providing policy support to the comms team and expert advisors, the role accounts to the Policy Director and will engage with industry, government and other stakeholders. The Policy Executive will:
• Produce policy reports, position statements, consultations, guidance/compliance
• Liaise with policy-related stakeholders
• Review and update our policy digestand; maintian website policy content
• Write policy updates for members comms, board papers etc
• Produce member briefings and guidance
• Identify emerging policy areas relevant to UKH members
• Produce analysis and research materials in emerging policy areas, to inform the comms team and wider membership
• Facilitate allocated UKH policy and sub-sector groups and forums, including the organisation of meetings, agendas and papers, speakers and minutes
• Help to co-ordinate UKH political stakeholder events
• Work with the wider UKH team to help deliver UKH objectives, as necessary.
• Keen interest in and understanding of UK policymaking
• Self-motivated, excellent organisational skills
• Strong analytical faculties; ability to make judgements based on competing evidence
• Strong attention to detail
• Dedicated and hard-working team player
• Good written and verbal communication skills suitable for external communications.
28 days leave p.a., pension contributions, training & development. Working at Bloomsbury office, with opportunities for UK-wide travel.
Interviews start w/c 24 February.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter (maximum 2 pages) to email@example.com. Please also use this address for any queries or if you require assistance to apply for this post. UKHospitality is a Disability Confident Employer, committed to recruiting and retaining people with disabilities and without prejudice on grounds of age, gender, sexual orientation, faith or beliefs.