National Parks England (NPE) advocates for, and promotes the needs of, England’s National Park Authorities. We provide a collective voice to Government and Parliament for the bodies tasked with protecting some of the nation’s most beautiful countryside for everyone to enjoy.
- Travel expenses
- 21 days’ holiday pro rata plus public holidays (rising to 23.5 days pro rata with service)
This is an incredible opportunity to be at the heart of a dynamic policy environment, working with passionate people who are supporting the conservation of extraordinary places.
In this new senior-level position, you will have the chance to develop policies that will have a positive impact on some of the most beautiful sites that England has to offer.
As the Head of Policy, you will lead the development of National Parks England’s policy, as well as supporting and presenting these policies to senior national policy makers.
Working in conjunction with the Executive Director, you will proactively identify and analyse a wide range of policy issues and develop strategic responses.
To join us as the Head of Policy, you will need:
- Substantial experience of advocacy work within a semi-political environment at a national level
- Excellent experience of carrying out focused research and information gathering
- Experience of analysing emerging policy issues and developing strategic responses
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of decision-making and policy processes at national and local levels
- In-depth knowledge of key policy areas for National Park Authorities, such as farming or planning
- A degree-level qualification or equivalent
Other organisations may call this role Senior Policy Manager, Senior Policy Advisor, Head of National Park Policy, or National Park Authority Policy Manager.
This is a part-time role, working 28 hours per week over four days (these working days will be fixed).
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Head of Policy, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
It is envisaged that interviews will be held on the 27th February 2020.