Date Added: 28 January 2020
: 28 February 2020
Job Title: Public Policy Programme Manager
Working For: Amazon
Salary: Competitive. One Year Fixed Term Contract
We are looking for an exceptionally effective Public Policy Programme Manager to support our UK Public Policy team in delivering Amazon’s policy goals in the UK and Ireland. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated person who’ll love the variety and pace of the role. An experienced Public Policy professional, you'll have great attention to detail, high standards for quality and presentation, great organisational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple critical requests and multitask. You’ll need the discretion to handle confidential information and the professionalism and confidence to engage with senior people inside and outside the company.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Designing and leading a programme to engage political audiences in the work of Amazon’s sites around the UK. You will be a voice for Amazon’s work at a local level, engaging directly with elected officials and other stakeholders and leading work to champion Amazon’s community initiatives.
• You will take the lead on ensuring the business is well sighted on political and policy developments that impact Amazon, including longer term emerging policy and regulatory issues.
• Help articulate Amazon’s policy views. This will include drafting policy papers, briefings and submissions for political audiences.
• Lead & execute on Amazon’s stakeholder engagement plan.
• Delivering Amazon’s political events series – including roundtables, dinners, visits and other opportunities to engage policymakers in our work.
• Being the designated point of contact for VIP correspondence.
Our ideal candidate will be:
A self-starter: We talk about things moving at “Amazon speed” and there’s always a lot going on. You’ll need to be calm and good humoured under pressure.
A team player: You’ll need to enjoy building a network across the business with people who want to help us get things done. We’re looking for someone well organized who enjoys working with others to get things done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
Closing Date: 28 February 2020
This role is a Fixed Term Contract of one year.
Interviews will start from early Feb
Role available immediately
Please submit a CV and covering letter explaining why you are right for the role to email@example.com
Due to the high demand of responses we are only able to contact those who are successful at getting through to the interview stage.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.