Date Added: 28 January 2020
: 14 February 2020
Job Title: Public Affairs Consultant
Working For: Political Intelligence
Political Intelligence is an independent public affairs consultancy that helps support various organisations understand and shape the policy making process. With a presence in all the key European markets and partners elsewhere, we have twenty-five years’ experience in providing our clients with practical public affairs advice to help them navigate the political and regulatory environment.
We are looking for a consultant to join our friendly and sociable London team based in the Old Street/Moorgate area. Ideally, we are looking for an experienced professional with at least 2 years’ experience in a political environment, such as working for an MP, in-house, a think tank or a public affairs consultancy. Any experience or interest in the tech sector would be beneficial but is not essential. Experience of project management will be important as the role will involve managing accounts, client handling and leading specific workstreams.
Your primary role will be to support a range of accounts across our various focus areas but with a strong emphasis on tech policy. This will include managing and contributing to several client accounts, providing strategic advice, supporting consultants, looking for growth opportunities, conducting research and monitoring, overseeing briefings and reports, assisting with event organisation and supporting engagement programmes with government, parliamentarians, civil servants and other relevant groups.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of UK Parliament, politics, procedure and policy
- A track-record of project management and/or account management
- A degree in a relevant field (Politics, International Politics, History, Public Policy) is desirable but not essential
- At least 2 years’ experience in a political environment, ideally from a consultancy
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Solid work ethic with a can-do attitude
- Participation/interest in party politics is desirable but not essential
- Interest in tech issues is again desirable but not essential
Further information can be found here: https://www.political-intelligence.com/consultant-london/
Closing Date: 14 February 2020
Please note we may conduct interviews and appoint before the deadline. Ideal starting date is anticipated to be toward the end of April.
Please send a two-page CV and a one-page cover letter outlining how your experience meets the job criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to number of entries we cannot guarantee a response to all applications received.