Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Offices within walking distance of the train station/free onsite parking
You will play a vital role in the development of position statements related to cancer prevention, screening, early detection and treatments.
Specifically, you will research and write evidenced-based policies and assist in communicating our position to influence external stakeholders and the public.
Your role will involve:
- Researching and writing evidence-based cancer-related position statements.
- Acting as our expert on the charity’s cancer-related position statements both internally and externally
- Providing expert commentary on media stories
- Developing a process for engaging people affected by cancer in the development of policy position statements
- Maintaining knowledge of key policy issues
- Representing the charity at events and meetings, developing contacts and acting on opportunities to influence
To join us as a Policy Officer, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience of working in a relevant healthcare-related field
- Experience of developing evidence-based health advocacy policies and communicating these to diverse audiences
- Experience of creating policy-related key messages to encourage behaviour change
- Experience of developing comments for media outlets, including social media
- Experience of representing an organisation to key stakeholders and facilitating group discussions
- At a minimum, a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant subject area, such as public policy, public health, science or medicine
- A full, valid driving licence
Other organisations may call this role Research Officer, Medical Research Officer, Public Health Officer, Public Policy Officer.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Interviews scheduled for the 28th February 2020.