We are looking for talented hard-working individuals who want to build a career and profile in public policy. The successful candidate will be industrious and have an entrepreneurial mindset, demonstrate intellectual creativity and rigour, and will also have excellent attention to detail. The individual must have a strong background in and enjoyment of extensive research and writing.
The role is ideal for a candidate with strong knowledge and interest in energy and environment policy.
• Creating new research ideas, drafting research proposals and seeking funding for our research work.
• Conducting literature reviews, and designing and analysing polling, focus groups and depth interviews.
• Co-authoring independent research reports.
• Generating imaginative and credible policy ideas.
• Devising and participating in a variety of Bright Blue events, including roundtable discussions and keynote speeches with high-profile decision-makers and opinion formers.
• Attending and representing Bright Blue at roundtable discussions and public events.
• Engaging with, and building a network of, key stakeholders such as civil servants, special advisers, representatives from the private and third sectors, academics, journalists and politicians
• Writing regular opinion articles.
• Representing Bright Blue in the media.
• Commissioning and editing content for our Centre Write blog, Conservation Conversation blog, and Heads Apart? podcast.
• Becoming a recognised figure on energy and environment policy in particular.
• Supporting Bright Blue’s fundraising efforts.
• Experience in public policy research and formulation.
• Strong interest in and knowledge of energy and environment policy.
• A belief in Bright Blue’s core values.
• A strong research background.
• An impressive academic record, including a minimum of an undergraduate degree (2:1 or above).
• Excellent writing ability, critical thinking, intellectual rigour and attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic, a desire to learn, and the ability to work independently and in teams.
• An entrepreneurial mindset, with a desire to create new work and opportunities for Bright Blue.
The closing time for applications is 9am.
Please submit your CV and covering letter as a .pdf to Weronika Patyk, Events and Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org