Date Added: 31 January 2020
: 14 February 2020
Job Title: Head of Programme - Cyber and National Security
Working For: TechUK
Salary: £43,000 - £52,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
techUK's Cyber and National Security programme provides a channel for our industry to engage with commercial and government partners to provide intelligence on the threat landscape, increase cyber exports and to stimulate awareness and demand for cyber security in the UK.
You will be the focal point for all techUK’s work in the cyber and national security space, working with senior industry leaders and stakeholders from member and public-sector sides to deliver against clear and deliverable strategic objectives.
The Programme helps members
- Develop Markets:
o By working with the Department for International Trade and the Foreign Office on cyber exports.
o By engaging the public sector market for cyber security products and what reforms are needed to make it a smarter customer
- Develop Networks:
o By connecting our members with the current raft of Government initiatives and agencies involved in Cyber Security, particularly the National Centre for Cyber Security.
- Reduce Business Risk and Cost:
o By shaping the Government’s plans for any post-2021 National Cyber Security Strategy through the Cyber Growth Partnership
o By continuing to shape the Government’s plans for a Cyber Security Council
The role will require you to deliver against a range of financial and performance targets, manage and develop a team of talented professionals, providing guidance on cyber and national security matters to the techUK senior management team.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
1. Demonstrates a strong understanding of the Cyber and National Security landscape and the positioning and role of techUK
2. Strong knowledge of public affairs, ideally able to demonstrate a successful public policy outcome through using public affairs strategy
3. Has an awareness of tech companies’ business models and drivers
Desired Knowledge and Experience
1. Interest in cyber security / technology / public policy
2. Strong interest in the UK tech sector and our mission to make the UK good for tech, make tech good for the UK and make tech good for people
3. Has a proven track record of managing events ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Closing Date: 14 February 2020
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
Applicants must be willing and able to attain SC level security clearance.
To apply for this role, please send a short cover letter (max. 500 words) and a copy of your CV together with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.