Date Added: 31 January 2020
: 21 February 2020
Job Title: Communications and Policy Manager
Working For: New Schools Network
New Schools Network (NSN) is an independent charity improving the life chances of young people by supporting the creation and long-term success of new schools. NSN finds talented people and organisations, supports them to establish new free schools across the country and, through the Academy Ambassadors Programme, places high calibre business people as non-executive directors on boards of multi-academy trusts. The organisation is particularly focused on supporting new schools in areas of high economic and social disadvantage and low educational performance.
NSN’s External Relations team works across multiple disciplines covering press, policy, digital, branding and research. This is a new role to strengthen the team’s external communications, ensuring regular coverage in sector, regional and national outlets, as well as meaningful engagement with policy makers from all parties and the wider education sector.
As part of the External Relations team, the Communications and Policy Manager will bring a successful track record and experience to support the Head of Communications in realising an ambitious ER Strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Head of Content and Communications in delivering the External Relations Strategy.
- Ensure regular, high-quality written content is produced on behalf of the organisation and other interested stakeholders.
- Lead story generation and content planning, the external relations calendar and organisation-wide grid, ensuring NSN is a leading voice in the education policy and wider sector.
- Oversee NSN’s digital communications, including website copy, newsletters, social media and blogs.
- Manage NSN’s media and parliamentary monitoring functions, ensuring swift responses are issued.
- Ensure the successful delivery and launch of policy reports and consultation responses.
- Liaise with the Research and Data Manager to ensure the External Relations and Senior Management teams are kept up-to-date with the latest education announcements and data releases.
- Support teams across the organisation in maintaining and developing their programme literature, online and in print.
- Line management of team members.
Closing Date: 21 February 2020
We are keen to appoint as soon as possible and will review applications on submission.
We will be interviewing and may appoint for this position before the deadline. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
NSN reserves the right to withdraw this job positing at any time.
For more information about this role, see the Jobs section of the NSN website (under 'About Us').
To apply for this role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter, explaining why you are the right person for this job. Please also include details of your current salary and notice period.
If you would like to arrange an informal discussion about the role with the Head of Communications, please use the email address above to arrange.