Date Added: 31 January 2020
: 21 February 2020
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary Researcher (full time)
Working For: The Rt Hon Theresa May MP (Maidenhead)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
The Rt Hon Theresa May MP, Member of Parliament for Maidenhead, is looking for an experienced researcher to provide hands-on support as part of her busy Westminster team.
Main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking desk research on a wide range of local and national issues to support Theresa’s parliamentary work.
- Preparing briefing notes ahead of meetings, constituency engagements and parliamentary activities.
- Responding to routine policy correspondence and enquires.
- Handling complex casework and supporting Theresa’s constituency surgery when necessary.
- Writing press releases for local newspapers and monitoring constituency media coverage.
- Writing content for Theresa’s parliamentary website.
- Engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders to support Theresa’s work as a constituency MP.
- Undertaking other ad hoc projects and general administrative duties as necessary.
- Strong research and writing skills
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and manage a heavy workload
- An excellent knowledge of British politics and current affairs
- Personal initiative and a proactive work ethic
- Personable and able to work as part of a small team
- The ability to maintain complete discretion and confidentiality
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 February 2020
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org