Date Added: 3 February 2020
: 24 February 2020
Job Title: Campaign and Office Manager
Working For: Bromsgrove Conservative Association
Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, West Midlands
Salary: Between £27,000 and £32,500 depending on experience
2019 was an extremely busy and succesful year for Bromsgrove Conservatives. We retained control of Bromsgrove District Council in May, won a county council by election in October (taking the seat off labour) and returned our MP, Sajid Javid, to parliament increasing his majority from 16,000 to 23,000 in the general election. Our current campaign manager is leaving to take a parliamentary staff post in Westminster. We are looking for a new campaign manger to start as soon as possible to work with us up to and beyond the County Council elections in May 2021.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Winning Elections
- Management of the “Office”
- Fund Raising
- Talent Spotting
- Plan and execute Election Campaigns ensuring legal compliance at all times.
- Arrange and attend council group meetings, Area Committees, Executive Council, AGM's and Branch meetings (including minute taking).
- Ensure quarterly accounts are prepared and banking is efficient.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES NEEDED
- Campaign Management – successful planning and execution.
- Motivation – the ability to lead and motivate volunteers.
- Excellent IT skills – use of MS Office, Vote Source and social media.
- Office Management – team working with key staff and volunteers.
- Communications – ability to communicate clearly and effectively with politicians of all levels, members, activists and association officers.
- Finance – a working understanding of accounts, cash flow and budgets.
- Time management – this is not a 9-5 position and will require an amount of evening and weekend working!
- Previous experience as a constituency campaign manager is desirable but not essential.
- In Partnership with CCHQ, Bromsgrove Association will provide you with the training and support you need to be successful in this role.
- The Campaign Manager is required to live within forty-minutes of the constituency.
- The Campaign Manager must possess a driving license and be prepared to use their own vehicle for work.
- It is anticipated that the successful candidate will be in post from as soon as possible to at least after the County Council elections in May 2021.
Out of pocket expenses, including use of mobile telephone and mileage allowance at 30 pence per mile.
Closing Date: 24 February 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be advised of the interview date after shortlisting. It is anticipated that the succesful candidate will start as soon as possible; taking into account the notice period for their current post.
Applicants should include a 1 page covering letter including details of their relevant experience, training, knowledge and skills that they feel are applicable to this role.
The covering letter and a CV (max 5 pages) should be emailed to Nick White, Deputy Chairman (Political) of Bromsgrove Conservative Association.
A full job description is available upon request.