Date Added: 3 February 2020
: 14 February 2020
Job Title: Policy Adviser, Regional Policy - South East & East of England
Working For: The Confederation of British Industry
This role is based at our London office and requires regional travel. The Regional Policy team based across England works with businesses and government at the national and regional level to ensure the business perspective is understood on topics such as closing the regional productivity gap and investing in digital and transport infrastructure.
Reporting to the Head of Regional Policy and working with two Regional Directors the jobholder will be responsible for the CBI’s South East and East of England regional policy work including:
- Consulting diverse set of CBI members to identify business priorities to develop policy positions. This includes providing updates and seeking member input in meetings, roundtables and briefings
- Developing two regional-specific policy campaigns potentially focused on topics such as digital and transport connectivity based on pro-active member engagement, research and planning
- Leading civil servant and stakeholder engagement which involves regularly updating stakeholder maps of decision makers and ensuring the CBI view is effectively communicated
- Distilling regional political and policy insight for CBI members so they can make more informed decisions and developing a compelling offer to encourage more businesses to join the CBI
- Collaborating with colleagues across the team and organisation to ensure consistency and coherence in our messages to decision makers and CBI members
This role presents an exciting opportunity to shape regional policy as Westminster works to level up places. The role offers the opportunity to work in close partnership with senior leaders to achieve shared prosperity, at the UK’s most influential business representative organisation.
Knowledge & Experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Knowledge of the policymaking process in UK government, regionally and locally (experience with South East and/or East of England policy is a bonus)
- Demonstrable interest in politics and public policy
- Good understanding of and enthusiasm for regional policy issues
- Experience working on topics such as digital connectivity and transport infrastructure is a bonus
- Familiarity with the workings of business and commercial pressures
Closing Date: 14 February 2020
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with 'Policy Adviser, Regional Policy' as the subject.