Date Added: 3 February 2020
: 14 February 2020
Job Title: Policy Adviser, Regional Policy - South West
Working For: The Confederation of British Industry
Salary: £27,500 (pro rata)
Role Summary (part time 3 days a week)
This role is based at our Exeter office, would be part-time and requires regional travel. The regional policy team based across England works with businesses and government at the national and regional level to ensure the business perspective is understood on topics such as the regional productivity gap and need to improve transport infrastructure.
Reporting to the Head of Regional Policy (based in London) and working closely with the Regional Director (based in Exeter) the jobholder will be responsible for the CBI’s South West regional policy work including:
- Consulting diverse set of CBI members to identify business priorities to develop policy positions. This includes providing updates and seeking member input in meetings, roundtables and briefings
- Coordinating the implementation of a South West policy campaign focused on transport infrastructure which builds upon research and planning already undertaken
- Leading civil servant and stakeholder engagement which involves regularly updating stakeholder map of decision makers and ensuring the CBI view is effectively communicated
- Distilling regional political and policy insight for CBI members so they can make more informed decisions and developing a compelling offer to encourage more businesses to join the CBI
- Collaborating with colleagues across the team and organisation to ensure consistency and coherence in our messages to decision makers and CBI members
This role presents an exciting opportunity to shape regional policy as Westminster works to level up places and devolve further powers. The role offers the opportunity to work in close partnership with senior leaders to achieve shared prosperity, at the UK’s most influential business representative organisation.
Knowledge & Experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Knowledge of the policymaking process in UK government, regionally and locally
- Demonstrable interest in politics and public policy
- Good understanding of and enthusiasm for regional policy issues
- Experience working on topics such as transport infrastructure is a bonus
- Familiarity with the workings of business and commercial pressures
Closing Date: 14 February 2020
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Policy Adviser, Regional Policy - Exeter' as the subject.