Date Added: 3 February 2020
: 14 February 2020
Job Title: UK Affairs Assistant
Working For: Government of Jersey London Office
Salary: £27,280 (plus 13.6% pension contribution)
This exciting role offers the opportunity to support delivery of the Government of Jersey's objectives through its London Office.
Main duties and responsibilities
Policy and analysis
Advance the core policy activities of the office, including:
- development of briefing packs for Ministers and officials, including through desk-based research
- contribution to drafting of political and official correspondence
- development of databases, particularly relating to Parliamentary contacts
- contribution to corporate reporting of outputs
- administrative support as required, particularly during busy ‘surge’ periods.
Work with Jersey-based teams to manage the communications activities of the Jersey London Office, including:
- development of an effective communications plan
- management of the Office’s web, social media and twitter presences
- support for cultivation of an online ‘diaspora’ community of UK residents with connections to Jersey.
Support delivery of major set-piece events and participation in international forums, including:
- preparation of biographies and other event briefing materials
- management of guest lists and invitations
- provision of on-the-day event support
- development of proposals for future events.
Support delivery of consular-style assistance to Jersey residents, including:
- resolution of passport and visa difficulties, liaising with London-based Embassies and High Commissions as required.
- Educated to degree level or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of experience
- Excellent communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- A good level of IT proficiency, particularly in MS Word and Excel, Wordpress and major social media platforms
- Self-motivated and well organised, with excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong team player, including willingness to support administration of the office as required
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Previous experience of policy and administrative work
- Knowledge of politics and international affairs
- Knowledge of the island of Jersey
- The role is London-based, but occasional travel to Jersey may be required.
- The post is offered as a one-year fixed term, with the possibility of extension.
Closing Date: 14 February 2020
Interview dates: late February, tbc
Start date: to be agreed (the sooner the better)
- Include a short covering letter of no more than 500 words explaining why this appointment interests you and how you meet the appointment criteria.
- Include a CV (maximum of two pages) with qualifications and full employment history.
- Be sent to Julie Moore, Office Manager Government of Jersey London Office (email@example.com)
All applications will be acknowledged.