Date Added: 3 February 2020
: 14 February 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Dave Doogan MP (Angus)
Location: Angus Constituency
Salary: £19,641 – £28,804
Dave Doogan MP is hiring a full-time caseworker in his constituency office in Angus.
The successful candidate must have excellent administrative and organisational skills, demonstrate relevant experience of dealing with casework or handling enquires from members of the public and have the ability to prioritise their workload.
- Analyse, evaluate & interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues
- Attend surgeries & meetings as appropriate
- Develop knowledge in specialist areas
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with GDPR
- Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases
- Liaise with MSP, Councillors, Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Manage and progress portfolio of casework appropriately
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, lobbyists and pressure groups
- Follow up on social media enquiries
- Deal with all enquiries from members of the public
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases and draft responses to constituents
- Liaise with other office staff, where required, to resolve cases
- Any other duties required by the MP or office manager
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Previous casework experience or handling enquiries from members of the public.
- Ability to deal with and prioritise a large and varied caseload, and to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a small team
- Ability to manage expectations of constituents in sometimes challenging circumstances
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Good IT skills including using a casework system and MS Office Applications
- Ability to draft letters and emails to the highest professional standard
- Ability to develop knowledge in specialist areas and be willing to undertake training
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Scottish National Party
This post will require travel within the constituency and to Westminster for attendance at meetings, training and events.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 February 2020
Applications close at 11am on the closing date.
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 17 February.
To apply, applicants should submit their CV with a covering letter, no longer than one side of A4, detailing their suitability for the role to Dave.Doogan.firstname.lastname@example.org.