Date Added: 3 February 2020
: 17 February 2020
Job Title: Case Worker
Working For: Janet Daby MP (Lewisham East)
Salary: £24000 pro rata
Janet Daby MP is looking for a part-time caseworker (21 hours a week) to join her friendly and hardworking team. This is a fixed-term contract based in the local constituency office in Catford, London.
The successful candidate does not need to have a case worker's experience. They will respond to emails, telephone calls and letters, deal with casework end to end, liaise with government agencies and others to resolve problems and they will accompany Janet to surgeries. They will be highly motivated to help people in a caring and compassionate way and be able to demonstrate a commitment to the values of the Labour Party.
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public via emails, phone and face to face
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Follow up on social media, comments and publicise surgeries
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Draft responses to constituents
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Retain record and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional
- Pro-active and self-confident
- Reliable with ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently and to manage and prioritise a demanding workload
- Methodical approach to recordkeeping
Desirable but not essential skills:
- Prior experience of advice/casework or legal background
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Knowledge of caseworkermp.com
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 February 2020
Interviews have been scheduled on 27 February in Catford, London.
Please email your CV and a short cover letter to email@example.com. Please write 'Case Worker Vacancy' in the subject of the email.