Date Added: 3 February 2020
: 17 February 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Rt Hon Andrew Mitchell MP (Sutton Coldfield)
Salary: Within IPSA guidelines
A full time Caseworker in a senior Backbencher's busy and fast-moving Parliamentary Office. The role will focus on constituency casework and will involve dealing directly with constituents on a wide range of issues and policy matters. It will include:
• Dealing with constituents' correspondence/problems and progressing casework
• Drafting responses on behalf of the Member
• Providing information, advice and support to constituents over the phone or in writing
• Maintaining accurate records and files
• Travel to constituency to attend Advice Surgeries
You should be self-motivated, reliable, have sound judgement and be prepared to work both as part of a small team or individually. You should have the ability to take responsibility for and manage a large case load.
The following skills are essential:
• Ability to provide advice and support to constituents through liaison with Government Agencies, the voluntary sector and other bodies
• Excellent written skills and polite telephone manner
• Good organisational and people skills with good attention to detail
• Ability to manage and prioritise a large case load efficiently
• Competent IT skills, including Microsoft Office
• Experience using casework processing software is desirable but not essential
If you have any questions please call 0207 219 5112.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 February 2020
Please send a short cover letter and full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
10/02/2020- Please note that the closing date has been changed from the 24th February to the 17th February