Date Added: 4 February 2020
: 9 March 2020
Job Title: Economic Development Officer & Inward Investment Officer
Working For: Northampton Borough Council
Salary: £29,636 - £33,798
Economic Development Officer
Undertake projects in order to deliver beneficial regeneration and economic development across Northampton, including business support, skills, tourism, inward investment, employability, transport/physical improvement projects & eternal funding applications. This will include the development and delivery of effective strategies that support businesses; encourage both indigenous growth, sector development and sustain an attractive economic environment in which our businesses can start, stay, grow and thrive.
- Be the first point of contact for all business enquires for Northampton Borough Council, acting as an advocate for business and providing a high level of support.
- Support the delivery and implementation of the Economic Growth StrategyTo assist with the Department’s economic research, data gathering and analysis to ensure the robustness of our strategies and the effective use of our resources.
- Develop and lead on projects and initiatives that will help meet the team’s economic objectives, including work on business support/skills/tourism/inward investment and external funding applications
Inward Investment Officer
Provide a high-quality service to potential inward investors seeking to relocate to Northampton. The post holder will deal with a range of Inward Investment issues, advising Senior Officers and Politicians. The post will support the Council’s Economic Growth and Regeneration function to deliver the corporate ambition to improve the economy and attract new jobs and business to Northampton.
- To be the first point of contact for all potential business investment into Northampton including undertaking comprehensive land and commercial property searches.
- Build and maintain contacts with commercial property agents to understand the dynamics of the local commercial property market to support Inward Investment activity.
- Support the delivery and implementation of the Economic Growth Strategy.
- Work with colleagues to develop promotional and marketing packages for companies working in priority sectors to attract new businesses to Northampton.
Please contact Deven Attwell to chat more about the role - email@example.com
Closing Date: 9 March 2020
Economic Development Officer - https://www.northampton.gov.uk/directory-record/2474/economic-development-officer
Inward Investment Officer - https://www.northampton.gov.uk/directory-record/2475/inward-investment-officer
Please complete and return the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org