Date Added: 4 February 2020
: 19 February 2020
Job Title: Account Executive
Working For: Woodrow
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000 dependent on experience
The day-to-day activities of a Woodrow Account Executive include:
- Creating fresh ideas for campaigns, media pitches and features
- Pitching stories, contacting journalists and writing press releases
- Daily media monitoring, and weekly activity and monthly coverage reporting
- Updating media lists and finding relevant journalists for clients on an ongoing basis
- Securing media opportunities and arranging interviews and editorial meetings for clients on broadcast and radio
- Responding to phone calls and emails from journalists promptly
- Networking with journalists and building strong media contacts
- Supporting our new business activities through research and proposals
- Proactively contributing to the development of our business while remaining authentic to our core values
What does it mean to be a Woodrow team member?
Every member of the team embodies our core values. We’re honest. We’re dedicated. We work hard for our clients and each other. We strive to be the very best at what we do, and we don’t take no for an answer.
We’re also confident and curious. We’re here to build something exceptional, not to do what’s been done before. Everyone in the team takes on responsibility from the first day and has the chance to make an immediate impact.
We’re not a company of big egos. We shout about our clients and the issues that matter to us, not ourselves.
The successful candidate:
You have outstanding academic credentials. You have at least six months of office experience in PR, political risk, journalism, or media spaces (or similar), and a genuine interest in current affairs, international relations and culture.
You have exceptional English-language communication skills. You’re an excellent writer with immaculate spelling, grammar and proofreading ability.
You’re creative, thinking outside the box to execute original and impactful campaigns. You show empathy and can earn your clients’ confidence and trust.
You’re organised and able to handle tight deadlines and multiple tasks without compromising on quality. You can adapt quickly and offer solutions in a fast-moving environment.
Finally, you’re ambitious and entrepreneurially minded. You’re willing to involve yourself in different areas of the business and play your part in deciding the direction of the company.
Closing Date: 19 February 2020
Start date: March 2020
Please send a CV and 1-page relevant writing sample in one PDF/Word file to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state where you found the job application in the covering email.
Any questions, email email@example.com.