Date Added: 4 February 2020
: 21 February 2020
Job Title: Communications Officer / Caseworker
Working For: Nia Griffith MP (Llanelli)
Salary: Starting salary £19,641 negotiable depending on experience and to include occasional Saturday's, usually a Saturday morning (at least two a month).
Nia Griffith MP requires a highly motivated and reliable person to work as a communications Officer / Caseworker in the Llanelli office. The successful candidate must be well-organised, meticulous about detail and have a flair for digital technology. The successful candidate will be based in Llanelli and must be able to work across the constituency. The role involves some evening and weekend work, and outdoor site visits. A ‘can do’ attitude to get stuck in where needed to support the constituency and Westminster offices is vital as we are a small team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Strong communication skills, providing high quality, speedy, written work often to tight deadlines.
• Ability and flair for making and editing video content.
• Produce media content for use in constituency and national communications.
• Produce traditional and electronic materials, including flyers, reports and surveys for use in local campaigns and constituent communications.
• Produce and continually update a forward-looking press plan.
• Deal with casework and queries, attend surgeries, draft letters and keep all records accurate, up-to-date and in line with the Data Protection Act.
• Undertake routine administrative and office duties including liaising with clients, the Assembly Member’s staff and local councillors.
• Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• produce high quality written communications.
• produce high quality video and still images.
• use social media technologies and identify new trends.
• Understand regulatory and legal requirements including GDPR and media law.
• work on own initiative with strong interpersonal skills.
• establish and maintain strong relationships.
• work under pressure, continually re-evaluating priorities.
• demonstrate excellent IT skills, especially Microsoft packages, including caseworker management systems, email and databases.
• deal with casework, work to tight deadlines and pay keen attention to detail.
• sympathise with the aims and values of the Labour Party
· drive - full driving licence and unrestricted use of a car essential.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 February 2020
Interviews will be on Saturday 29th February in Llanelli
Apply by email enclosing CV and covering letter and the names and contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org