Date Added: 5 February 2020
: 21 February 2020
Job Title: Communications/Press Officer
Working For: Rachael Hamilton MSP/John Lamont MP
Location: Holyrood, Scottish Borders, occassional London travel
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Rachael Hamilton MSP and John Lamont MP are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised individual to join their team.
This is a full-time position based at Holyrood, providing effective support and assistance to Rachael Hamilton MSP and John Lamont MP with parliamentary duties and some constituency duties in the Scottish Borders.
Hours: 37 per week
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communications supporting social media channels, e-newsletters and website content
- Media monitoring
- Assisting policy advice and development
- Speech writing, standard responses, tabling parliamentary questions and motions
Skills and Attributes Required
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience and understanding of social media
- A strong understanding of Holyrood & Westminster issues affecting the Scottish Borders is desirable.
- Flexibility to work between Edinburgh, the Scottish Borders & on occasion London
- A commitment to support Rachael Hamilton MSP and John Lamont MP in pursuit of their values and aspirations.
- Team player
- Strong interest in politics
- Ability to manage a diverse workload
- Ability to plan work effectively and efficiently
Closing Date: 21 February 2020
Start date: Monday 16th March 2020
To apply, send a copy of your CV, along with a covering statement of no more than one page demonstrating how you meet the requirements set out above to: Rachael.email@example.com